Dr. Mandel Sher
Tampa Bay Area’s Cough Specialist
Mandel Sher, M.D.
Dr. Mandel Sher founded Center for Cough in 2009 after 25 years of diagnosing and effectively treating patients with chronic cough in Sher Allergy Specialists. As the only dedicated Cough Doctor in the Tampa Bay area, State of Florida, and southeast region of the country, Center for Cough offers patients a comprehensive approach to cough diagnosis and cough treatment. Services are offered on an outpatient basis in one convenient office location.
Center for Cough is located in the Tampa Bay area of Florida, conveniently accessible to residents or seasonal visitors of the west coast of Florida including Orlando, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Fort Myers, Sarasota, and Naples. Patients from Georgia, Louisiana, South Carolina, North Carolina, Texas, and seasonal visitors from Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Canada and other origins make Center for Cough a destination. Chronic cough is recognized as a significant medical problem by Dr. Sher’s colleagues at world-class medical institutions such as Mayo Clinic, Montefiore Medical Center in New York, Johns Hopkins Medicine, and National Jewish Health in Denver, Colorado. Dr. Sher and Center for Cough bring world-class care closer to home.
Dr. Mandel Sher’s career includes the following accomplishments and honors:
- Board Certified in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Adult and Pediatric Specialist in respiratory disorders, and a subspecialist in cough, in private practice since 1984
- Clinical Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics, Division of Allergy and Immunology, Morsani College of Medicine at USF Health
- Interim Chief, Division of Allergy and Immunology, USF Health
- Interim Chief, Division of Allergy and Immunology, Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- Expert Cough Presenter to national physician audiences: American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, American College of Allergy and Immunology, American Thoracic Society, World Allergy Organization, Florida Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Society
- Recognized by peers continuously as:
“Tampa Bay’s Top Doctors”
“Best Doctor In America”
“The Best Doctors in the Southeast”
As part of Dr. Sher’s commitment to advance the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of chronic cough, Center for Cough participates in national clinical research trials aimed at offering patients new and improved medications. Dr. Sher is easily recognizable by the bowties he ties by himself and enjoys wearing.
Call us today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Mandel Sher: 727-393-8067.
Learn more about the dedicated Clinical and Administrative Team at Center for Cough.